Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Creativity and New Media

For this assignment, I decided to try out the Sims game on my phone. It is a very popular virtual reality game, similar to second life. I have never played games like this before so I wanted to give it a try. On the Sims, you can design the entire world. I created my character, and was able to create neighbors as well. You can also design the neighborhood, such as building the houses and businesses. Everything is customizable, from the clothing to the furniture. You are even able to give the characters jobs. It is very realistic because you can cook, use the rest room, fight with neighbors, and even sleep.

The game was a lot more realistic than I thither it would be. Even completing tasks were not instant, and you would have to check back after a certain amount of time. Overall, the game was entertaining and gave me a new perspective on having a "virtual life."



1 comment:

  1. I used to play Sims when I was younger and it is really funny thinking back on it now. You really live in a second reality because of these games. For example, if you built your guy to look tough, your personality within the game reflects the looks of the avatar.

    ReplyDelete